Every morning, you brush your teeth and smile. You smile when you say hello to your co-worker, when you meet a new friend or play with your kid. Smiling isn’t just a facial expression, it’s an important part of how you see yourself, and how the world sees you!
If you have crooked, stained or missing teeth, you probably are a little shy about showing off your smile from time to time. With the advancements in cosmetic dentistry over the last couple of decades, there’s no reason to live with a smile that you’re unhappy about. Dr. Jeff S. Luffey, DDS, is an experienced dentist who can give you the white, bright smile you desire with advanced cosmetic dentistry in Albuquerque, NM.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options in Albuquerque, NM
You can get the smile always wanted in just one or a few short appointments—modern cosmetic dentistry makes it possible! With 30 years of experience, Dr. Luffey can provide a dental restoration that you’ll be happy to show off every day. Below are a few common cosmetic dental problems how Dr. Luffey may treat them.
- Orthodontics, or braces, are usually the go-to solution to improve crooked teeth. You may only require a retainer, and you also have the option of invisible braces that straighten your teeth using clear plastic trays.
- Small gaps, minor overlaps and twists can sometimes be improved by dental crowns or veneers. Dr. Luffey creates same-day dental crowns so you can improve your teeth in just one appointment!
Stained or Discolored Teeth
- If staining is just on the surface (enamel), teeth whitening can lift the stains and whiten your teeth. In the future, avoid smoking, cola and red wine to prevent the enamel of your teeth from yellowing.
- If staining is in the inner structure of the tooth (dentin), you may require a tooth crown or veneer to whiten the tooth. This type of staining is often caused by antibiotics, trauma or too much exposure to fluoride as a child.
- If staining is caused by aging, teeth whitening may be the best option for you.
Chipped or Misshapen Teeth
- As an experienced Albuquerque cosmetic dentist, Dr. Luffey can create custom veneers to restore the shape of your teeth. With porcelain veneers, you’ll be able to keep most of your natural tooth. Since Dr. Luffey individually sculpts your veneers, it will be impossible to tell the difference between the veneer and your natural teeth.
- Whether you have a missing tooth or think you may require surgical tooth extraction, Dr. Luffey can create a custom treatment plan to replace the tooth using a dental implant. Dental implants are one of the best solutions to permanently restore missing teeth. Dental implants look just like your natural teeth so you enjoy a strong, beautiful smile for years to come.
- If you have one or a few missing teeth in a row, your smile can be improved through a dental bridge. Dr. Luffey also creates dentures that fit well to replace the teeth in your upper or lower mouth, or both.
- Luffey is a cosmetic dentist who is specially-trained to provide full mouth reconstructions and smile makeovers in Albuquerque. Full mouth reconstructions and smile makeovers restore every tooth in your mouth and also revive the health of your gums.
- If you have an overbite, underbite or maligned bite, Dr. Luffey can correct the positioning of your jaw through neuromuscular dentistry. Dr. Luffey will evaluate your posture jaw alignment and teeth and create an effective treatment program that improves your bite and alleviates any pain or discomfort.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Albuquerque Cosmetic Dentist
If you’re uncertain which cosmetic treatment is best for you, Dr. Luffey is happy to meet with you during a complimentary consultation at our Albuquerque dentist’s office to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options. Contact us online or call 505-294-4700 to schedule your appointment.