With today’s advances in cosmetic dentistry, there’s no reason to put off getting the smile you’ve always wanted. As a cosmetic dentist in Albuquerque, NM, Dr. Jeff S. Luffey, DDS, provides a wide range of cosmetic dental treatments to restore the health and beauty of your smile. Below are some quick facts about the cosmetic dental procedures that Dr. Luffey performs.
Professional teeth whitening with a cosmetic dentist is the best way to safely whiten your teeth and enjoy a long-lasting bright smile. Teeth whitening involves the use whitening gel and an LED light to gentle break up and remove stains. Some teeth whitening facts:
- Teeth whitening addresses staining from food and drinks, certain medications and normal wear and tear.
- Whiteness and color of teeth were listed as the second-most noticeable thing about a person’s smile in an independent study conducted on behalf of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Teeth whitening procedures have soared by 300% during the past 5 years.
- As a cosmetic dentist in Albuquerque, Dr. Luffey can provide you with everything you need to enjoy a complete smile makeover, including teeth whitening using the Sinsational Smile whitening system.
Made with durable, attractive porcelain, dental crowns are tooth shaped “caps” placed over the tooth to restore its health and beauty. Dental crown facts:
- Dental crowns are ideal for broken teeth, broken fillings, touching up the appearance of teeth after a root canal and treating tooth decay.
- You can get a dental crown on the same day you get your dental crown, in just one appointment. Dr. Luffey provides same day root canal and dental crowns in Albuquerque, NM.
Veneers are thin porcelain shells that cover the front of your teeth to disguise discoloration and other imperfections. Porcelain veneers facts:
- Porcelain veneers may be right for you if you have misshapen, crooked, discolored, worn or gapped teeth. They are a versatile way to improve your smile. One procedure can dramatically improve the look of your smile, and change your life.
- Porcelain veneer procedures have increased by 250% during the past five years.
- Luffey will make your veneers custom to your smile so that it looks and feels natural. Sometimes, porcelain veneers are used as an alternative to dental crowns.
Dental implants are small titanium posts inserted into the jawbone to replace missing teeth. The metal anchors are surgically placed into the jawbone to serve as the root of your tooth. Dental implant facts:
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth.
- Dental implants improve your speech and chewing. You will also feel more confident when you smile.
- As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Luffey has received special training on full mouth reconstructions, which involve dental implants and a variety of cosmetic dental techniques.
Braces & Invisalign
Braces straighten teeth over a period of 18 months to 2 years. Some quick facts about braces include:
- Braces can be used for crooked, overlapping and gapped teeth.
- The benefits of braces go beyond an attractive smile. Straight teeth are easier to clean, making you less susceptible to gum disease and tooth loss.
- Invisalign is a type of invisible braces that uses clear retainers to gradually straighten your teeth. The retainers are custom-fitted to your teeth and must be worn 22 hours a day to achieve alignment.
- If you are concerned about having an overbite, under bite, or misalignment, Dr. Luffey is trained in neuromuscular dentistry, giving him special insight into treating malocclusion, or jaw misalignment.
Cosmetic Dentist in Albuquerque, NM—Contact Us!
Having a beautiful smile that you are happy with will have a positive affect on your health, your physical and mental wellbeing. If you’re searching for a cosmetic dentist in Albuquerque, contact Dr. Luffey’s office at (505) 294-4700 to schedule an appointment. Financing options are available. Contact us today!